麻豆区 ISD Bullying Procedures
A Message about Bullying
Bullying is a national issue that is continually being discussed in households, on social media, and in the headlines. 麻豆区 ISD takes this very seriously and is committed to creating a safe environment, free from bullying. Both campus and district administrators work closely together to ensure that not only the TEA Minimum Standards are implemented, but that multiple levels of intervention are provided for students.
We Need to Work Together
We ask that parents talk to their children to help them understand the negative impact of bullying and how to prevent or respond to it. Please share with your child the importance of telling an adult if he/she is being bullied, either at school or on the Internet. When adults respond quickly and consistently to bullying behavior, they send the message that it is not acceptable.
Bullying occurs when a student or group of students engages in written or verbal expression, expression through electronic methods, or physical conduct against another student on school property, at a school-sponsored or related activity, or in a district operated vehicle, and the behavior:
- results in harm to the student or the student’s property, or
- places a student in reasonable fear of physical harm or of damage to the student’s property, or
- is so severe, persistent, and pervasive that it creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive educational environment.
This conduct is considered bullying if it exploits an imbalance of power between the student perpetrator(s) and the student victim, and if it interferes with a student’s education or substantially disrupts the operation of the school.
Bullying is prohibited by the district and could include hazing, threats, taunting, teasing, confinement, assault, demands for money, destruction of property, theft of valued possessions, name-calling, rumor-spreading, or ostracism. In some cases, bullying can occur through electronic methods, called “cyberbullying”.
Steps to Report Bullying
If you or your child experience(s) an incidence of bullying, please follow these steps and complete the Bullying Complaint form:
- Step 1: A report must be completed to file a complaint related to an incident of alleged bullying. The complainant's name will be confidential.
- Step 2: Once the form is completed, the form should be returned to the school’s Principal/designee of the victim’s home school or the appropriate district office.
- Step 3: Upon receiving the Complaint Form, an investigation will be conducted to determine whether a violation of the Student Code of Conduct has occurred: if so, the appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.
Bullying Incident Form
Please download the Bullying Incident Form to file an incident report. After you complete the form, please turn it into your school Principal/designee or the appropriate district office.
Website Links on Bullying
Reporting Bullying Anonymously
If you or your child would like to report an incidence of bullying anonymously, please utilize one of the two methods listed:
- 麻豆区 ISD Anonymous Tip Line - 麻豆区 ISD has set up an anonymous tip line for any student, parent or employee who may have information that might affect the safety of our students or staff. The information hotline number is (832) 386-1550.
- Send an email with the Incident Report to email@example.com.